new prostitcher issues 2017-04-03T18:16:28+00:00

Home Forums Ask an HQ Expert new prostitcher issues

• Author
    Participant
    #22680 |

I am having a couple of issues with the new prostitcher. The old one had “closed edges” as an option when wrapping a design but I can’t seem to find that option in the new one. It is there in “crop” but not in “repeat”

I am also having a problem with it not bringing up the thread and doing a tieoff when I have to move the start when a thread breaks. The old version had an option right there above the “pause/resume”.

• Cheryl DuncanCheryl Duncan

Lois,

I am sorry that you are having a couple of issues. Make sure you have updated your HQ Pro-Stitcher to the latest version which ends in .0416. This will give youe all the latest features. This update gives you the option of tie off and pull up with your New/Start End.

When you have a design that you have wrapped you will find the Edges option on the sidebar in the bottom left hand corner. When this is turned on you will get the straight line of stitching between points. When it is off your machine will stop at each start and stop point and tie off before moving to the next point.

If you need any other help please feel free to contact Handi Quilter.

Best regards,

Cheryl Duncan
    Handi Quilter Studio Educator

• Lois MillerLois Miller
    Participant

where do I find what version I have. I found a number that ends in 0079_H. Is that it?

• Lois MillerLois Miller
    Participant

OK solved the update issue. Thank you so much. Now my next issue is the size of the display , I think. On the “repeat/wrap” tool bar, it seems that the bottom of it is covered up by the zoom scroll bar so I can’t see the “edges” button that I was looking for. Is there a way to move the scroll bar or change the size of the right tool bar so that it is all visible?

Lois,

You can adjust the size of the Sidebar. Drag the edge which is along the workspace to the left and make the sidebar larger. Sometime this can be easier if you use a mouse on your tablet. Please contact Handi Quilter if you need more help.

Best regards,

Cheryl Duncan

• Lois MillerLois Miller
    Participant

thank you so much- I can now see the “edges” icon. Haven’t tried anything new yet but my goal for today is to get another quilt on there.

• Linda HudginsLinda Hudgins
    Participant

have pro stitcher question the simulation icon disappeared on my tablet how do i get it back

Linda

Linda,

The simulation setting is under Settings. Go to Advanced, General, then on the right hand side bar you can turn the Simulation on. Remember if you have the simulation on and try to quilt your machine will just air stitch, so if you are going to quilt make sure simulation is turned off.

Best regards,

Cheryl Duncan

• Margery UttMargery Utt
    Participant

I am having an issure with the New Pro Stitcher. I saw that someone had the same issues about 9 months ago. I thought by now you would have those bugs worked out. First is that I am having the motor error issue. Second is that the new start and end just doen’t work. Can’t make the machine find where the needle is to start sewing in a new place. Manual slides for new start and end do not work. Auto start will not work. I put in a new stitch number for the start and the end popped up with a number that was one number higher so it was virtually only going to sew one stitch. Could not make the end a different number. I have started over on the last row of my quilt 4 times now and can’t start again without starting at the beginning. Very frustrating. Luckily this is a kid quilt and they won’t care. Next quilt is a customer quilt. I tried going back to old version but motor error still happening in that version also since I downloaded new Pro Stitcher.
    Thanks for any hints or help. Oh I have rebooted about 8 times.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Margery Utt Margery Utt. Reason: more detail and spelling corrections
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Margery Utt Margery Utt.

Margery,

I am sorry that you are having problems with your HQ Pro-Stitcher. Check and see what version you are on it should be 17.02.0416. Check your Motor Torque and make sure it is set at 100. If you are still having motor errors set it to 200. You can find the Motor Torque under Settings, Advanced, Motors. Change the number here.

Make sure you have baselined your design once you have it all set up the way you want it to look. It sounds like your design has lost it’s position when you are trying to find a New Start point. Make sure the pattern is lined up correctly before trying to reposition your start point. When you move the start point and the end point moves up you should be able to move the end slider to the bottom so it is back at the end of the design.

We are currently working on a solution for the End point jumping up to the start point.

Please call our Technical Solutions team at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5 MDT and speak with them. There may be something else going on that they will be able to help you with.

Best regards,

Cheryl Duncan

• Angela RaganAngela Ragan

Hello,

I have a new issue never encountered before that I can find. I selected a pattern and set it up in repeat. When I hit baseline the pattern disappears. If I don’t baseline and try to just start quilting the machine “stops responding” and shuts down. I have rebooted the system 8 times now and the same problem occurs each time. Please help!

Thank you,
    Angela

Angela,

I am sorry that you are having problems with your HQ Pro-Stitcher. Make sure you are on sure your Pro-Stitcher is updated to the latest version. There was a new release for Pro-Stitcher Premium just last week so the latest version will end in .0433. If you are updated and still having issues please contact our Technical Solutions team at 1-877-697-8458, M-F, 8-5 MDT.

Best regards,

Cheryl Duncan

• Angela RaganAngela Ragan

Hello again,

I find the problem, the customer wanted the design bigger than pro-stitcher would allow it to be causing it to crash . Thanks for your help.

Angela

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.